Invest in Ballerup
Open for business
There are 4 good reasons
to invest in Ballerup:
Join our specialised Business Clusters
- Locate yourself in one of Ballerup's six business parks and profit from working in proximity to many other companies specialised in life science, information and communication technology and financial technology
- Ballerup is the Danish equilevant to Silicon Valley as it employs 17,500 people within IT and fintech plus 3,000 students from the Danish Technical University.
+65 Life Science companies
+30 fintech companies
+380 ICT companies
of the companies is internationally owned (the highest concentration in Denmark per capita)
Grow with Knowledgebases Business
- Enrich both your company and your employees by sharing your experience and ideas with other knowledge-bases businesses nearby.
- Ballerup consolidates a regional market with many highly specialised international companies in many different sectors.
- We are always happy to help set up network meetings as we encourage the formation of new strategic partnerships.
Grow in a rich Innovation Enviroment
- Benefit from being surrounded by different universities, university hospitals and science parks. In Ballerup, we have a rich academic life with everything from high-school programmes and vocational programmes to the DTU Diplom.
- We are bringing companies and educational institutions together and improving opportunities for innovation.
- The innovation enviroment makes it easy for companies to access the specialised knowledge of today and recruit the talents of tomorrow.
students at the Danish Technical University Campus Ballerup
Copenhagen city centre 20 km
Copenhagen Airport 30 km
Get access with Excellent Infrastructure
- Enjoy being on the border between the big city of Copenhagen and the open, scenic landscapes of Ballerup.
- Great infrastructure links town and countryside together, and Ballerup has five S-Train stations, 20+ bus lines, three bicycle highways and motorways connecting the municipality to the rest of Greater Copenhagen.
- Everyday, more than 35,000 workers from all over the region commute here.
Ballerup has six business parks that house many of Denmark's largest and most specialised businesses
Ballerup is one of Greater Copenhagen's greatest municipalities for business and is known for its unique combination of city, business and nature just 20 km from Copenhagen's City Hall Square and 25 km from the airport.
There are both national and international companies in all six business parks.
Reasons to invest in Ballerup
- Strong municipality for business with 2000 businesses (spread across 34 km²
- 25% of businesses are foreign. This makes Ballerup Denmark's municipality with the most international companies
- 45,000 employers in Ballerup Municipality:
- 34,500 of which are private employers
- 10,500 of which are public employers
- 16,000 employers within the three clusters of ICT, life sciences and fintech
- Highly appealing to the regional labour force, e.g. 35,000 people commute every day to Ballerup to work
- Good commuting conditions to Ballerup from Greater Copenhagen, Copenhagen City and from neighbouring municipalities
- Ballerup is home to 2500 students at DTU Diplom, the Technical University of Denmark, which researches and educates in the technical production of manufacturing facilities, electronics and information technology
- Ballerup and Greater Copenhagen provide access to a unique ecosystem of research and innovation with more than:
- 300+ businesses
- 3 internationally recognised universities
- 11 university hospitals
- Nine out of ten Danes speak English
Since the 1950s, Ballerup Municipality has taken a political stance which has brought the municipality six business parks and a large number of knowledge-rich businesses, This has also made it highly appealing to labourers, with over 80% of the workforce commuting to Ballerup from other municipalities every day.
Ballerup has a strong position with several different business clusters, many knowledge-rich businesses, as well as a focus on good local framework conditions that create an environment for development for current and future businesses that decide to locate in the municipality.
There is political interest, support and calls for Ballerup Municipality to be an attractive area of investment for foreign businesses both now and into the future. The political demands are described in the municipality's new Vision 2029, where one of the five focus areas is about Ballerup being a strong municipality for business.
BusinessBallerup facilitates contact with relevant partners that can help with recruiting qualified workers or help existing workers with integration and personal matters.
Characteristics of businesses in Ballerup
- 6.2% of businesses are experiencing a high rate of growth
- 2% production growth from 2010 to 2015, while the national average in Denmark was 1%
- 6.5% export growth from 2010 to 2015, while the national average was 3%
- Businesses in Ballerup contribute 3.5 times more to Denmark's GDP in proportion to the number of residents in the municipality, which is the highest in the country
- 25 km from the airport
- 20 km from Copenhagen city centre
- Close to motorway and ring roads
- 5 S-train stations in the municipality
- 2 S-train lines (departures every 10 minutes)
- Over 20 bus lines
- 3 cycle super highways
Ballerup is your ideal location
if you operate within
Ballerup is known as Denmark's version of Silicon Valley.
You will be close to more than 380 leading information and tehcnology businesses in Ballerup such as Fujitsu, Siemens and Samsung. You will also be close to research institutions, innovation networks and a highly qualified work force.
In Ballerup you'll get unique opportunities for developing, testing and selling future technology.
Ballerup is a part of Medicon Valley - a world leading life science cluster.
You will get access to an ecosystem in Greater Copenhagen of more than 300 life science businesses such as Leo Pharma, Novo Nordisk, Lundbeck and Ambu, research institutions, hospitals and a highly qualified work force. More than 65 of those are located in Ballerup.
You'll get unique opportunities for developing, testing and selling future medico and pharma products.
Ballerup is known as Denmark's version of Silicon Valley.
You will be near more than 30 innovative companies in the field of financial technology such as Nets, Tryg, SDC, research institutions, innovation networks and a highly qualified work force.
You'll get unique opportunities for developing, testing and selling future fintech products.